Tuesday, December 2, 2008

fire

I'm in a car, Mom is driving, and there is a boy and my sister. We have to transport her fast from one place to another. It's a life or death situation. She's smothered in some sort of flammable liquid and she can't be in a huge space or she'll catch on fire. We wrap her up in blankets and stuff her in the backseat of the car and my mom puts her foot to the floor. Time is running out, and my sister could die. I'm about to cry but my sister (who also happens to be blonde) is perfectly serene. The only part of her that I can see is her forehead and eyes. The boy has his arms wrapped around her and mouth is set in a grim line. 

The scene changes and my sister and I are trying to find work. The town is deserted. Think empty storefronts, plastic bags scudding along the pavement, but there are no stopped empty cars. It's like the whole population knew it was time to evacuate. 

In the background the ketchup song (by Las Ketchup, of course haha) is playing. We start to dance. It's frenzied motion that probably wouldn't be called dancing if I was awake and sober. 

No comments: