Friday, July 30, 2010

your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding

Every time I think I've had my eyes opened and that I truly understand now, I can clearly see everything....I get my eyes opened again. More and more and more light keeps flooding my eyes and they burn every single time. I keep thinking that they can't possibly open any wider, there can't possibly be anything else that I've missed, but there always is. I think I've got it all figured out but then I'll stumble out of the dark into another blinding, burning flash of clarity. It's like waking up to the sun scalding your eyelids. I'm groggy from the fog of sleep and my head aches and the light is blinding, and I think it can't possibly get any brighter, but it does. It hurts every time. And I have to fumble and grope my way through it because I can't see, for seeing so much. I have to wait for my eyes to adjust because it's not humanly possible for me to take it all in at once.

No comments: