Sunday, February 13, 2011

blue harlequin

I'm feeling sad so I hope that remembering this dream from a few weeks ago will cheer me up.

harlequin
blue
I asked if we could
dancing the tango
spin and rise
twirl and float
higher and higher in the ballroom while everyone watches
float on my back slowly swirling staring up at the ceiling
laughing
I don't know who he is but we dance
I dance en pointe
once upon a december
he held me firm and strong and he led me so well I felt effortless
and I laughed
it felt so right
even though I didn't know who he was
I press my thumb into his shoulder
then the spell breaks
and the black curtains circle us
and we change back into our pajamas
but mine are still blue like harlequin
and while everyone leaves I look for him
I look at the napes of necks
and I finally spot my thumbprint because I was holding him so hard
and he's strong and beautiful and then I'm surprised
I feel this sense of a yearning romance that won't happen
that was only under the spell
and it's bittersweet
we have to hold hands in the circle
and we said or sang or chanted
while the spell was breaking

No comments: