I'm on the second story of an orphanage.
I hear footsteps coming closer to me, but there is no one there
I am afraid
something I can't see shoves me and I fall down
She says that my footsteps have to be sure, that I cannot be afraid, and then he won't push me
so I get up, and walk
and pretend that I am not afraid.
We are not supposed to be here, but we are
we're here to save this little boy
there's something special about him but I don't know what it is yet
she tells me that the only way for us to get him out of this place is to toss him out the window
but he's a little boy!
there's no way he can land on the ground outside without breaking something
his right leg is already messed up
but she says we'll aim for the grass
and not the concrete
and I can't believe we're actually doing this
but he's willing, as if he knows something we don't
so we lift him out of the window and he scoots off the roofing and lands perfectly on the grass
he starts running
but THEY
they are coming
we don't have much time
so he hides in this house in the suburbs
this little green house
and while he hides inside we wait in the grass for them to come
but she knows a spell to save him
so she casts a spell to make them blind
and they cannot see him
and we've saved him
this beautiful little boy can grow up safely, away from this
and do what he is supposed to do
Sunday, October 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment