Tuesday, January 20, 2009

rooms

If I had my way, I would have a house full of rooms. I'd have maybe a whole WING devoted to just different kinds of studios--ceramics, metals, drafting, sculpture, a darkroom...each one would have plenty of space in which to work and strategically placed ventilation, sinks, tools, and other necessary furniture. They'd also be soundproofed so I could work really late at night with music blasting and not disturb anyone in any way (though if I had a whole wing for just studios it probably wouldn't matter anyway). In addition to all the studios, I'd have a gallery space somewhere. It'd be just like the one I work in now with the moving walls except bigger. And completely mine. 

Now that I think of it, the music rooms I'd have should be soundproofed instead. They'd house all the instruments I ever wanted to learn to play. And I'd have a small but decently sized space for performing. 

 I'd also have a library. It'd be FILLED with all my favorite books and tons more that I haven't read yet. There'd be cushy chairs, pillows, lots of light from windows and lamps and it would be one of the most comfortable places in the whole house. Which should probably be called a castle, haha. 

I wish I could move into this castle tomorrow. 

1 comment:

kendralu said...

can we be roommates?