This girl was asking me if I had some pillowcases I could sell her
or loan her
and I was uncomfortable because the only ones I have that I'd be willing to sell are old
and stained
and also I use them for the sofabed
but she was desperate
so I told her that she could have them
because I hate not being able to help people when they ask
and so she told me she'd pay me $10
I told her she didn't have to but she did
so she began counting out coins
and they were all different sizes, and not shiny
so when she placed them in my palm I compared them
they were not all quarters
but she was counting them like quarters
I started to get mad and confused because she was trying to pay me and it wasn't $10
but why should I be mad?
they're just pillowcases after all
but I got the strongest sensation that she was swindling me
that she wasn't really in need at all
that she was taking advantage of my kindness
and I started to get pissed off
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment