Tuesday, September 16, 2008

in the name of art

I have a list of things I do in the name of art, to be updated (because I should be doing art homework now):

1) furtively sift through the recycling bins for cardboard
2) give myself three blisters on my hand from hacking at a piece of wood that's supposed to be my 3D final instead of a piece of shit
3) take my whole fishbowl (water, fish, gravel, and plant included) down three flights of stairs and      outside so that I can take photographs in natural light 
   a) slosh water on myself in the process
4) tape my project up on the wall outside my dorm room because I don't have a big enough drawing board
5) give myself paper cuts
6) cover myself in random inkspots 
7) give myself back problems from hunching over a drawing board
8) spend money on three kinds of glue, five kinds of tape, two kinds of pens, only to use them for one semester
9) cry
10) scream in frustration
11) break things
12) answer stupid questions like "So what will you DO with art?" "What does graphic design mean?"
13) spend 30 minutes covering my workspace in newspaper so I don't make a mess and piss off my roommate, when the actual painting part takes only 5 minutes
14) stain my clothes forever
15) work like a slave to get a crap grade 
16) stress out about projects that won't matter next semester or in the long run
17) have no social life because of all the time I spend in the studio
18) constantly explain to my friends why my projects are time-consuming
19) constantly turn down social plans, because said friends don't get it
20) get labeled by other people as a freak/weirdo/snob
21) attempt to steal photoshop, indesign, and illustrator off the lab computer because I don't have thousands of dollars to spend
22) go to the mall not to shop, but to take photographs of mannequins
23) look like an idiot in general
24) tell myself to get over being embarrassed about looking like an idiot

1 comment:

kendralu said...

you've joined two of my clubs AT ONCE!!! the frustrated artist club! AND the list makers club!! welcome friend. <3