Sunday, September 14, 2008

life goes ONNN!

Yes, it does. I am not an insensitive person, and I understand that life can really knock the wind out of you sometimes. But it is about being able to get up again and go on---not as if nothing had happened, but as if you are stronger, because you are. For having survived a blow, you are stronger. It is okay to feel sorry for yourself sometimes, and it is okay to just be completely unproductive and wallow for a while. It is perfectly acceptable to mourn. 

After a time though, you have to have the discipline to put that aside. Crying will not change what happened. Failing your classes will not make the hurt go away. 

And nobody says that it is easy to just...DO....when you want to crawl into a hole and die. Going through the motions seems to take the last reserves of energy you have, and then some. But do it I shall, and do it I have, because life does not stop for anybody. I'm not willing to let the life I've built for myself crumble away because I am hurting. Even if I have to crawl, I'll keep moving. 

1 comment:

kendralu said...

yes you have! go you!